COVID-19 Updates & Resources
OPEN is continuing to monitor all available information regarding the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic. The health and well-being of OPEN members and the patients that you serve are of utmost importance. In order to support those working directly on the frontlines, OPEN has created a resource center that provides the latest information regarding federal updates, billing and coding and administrative tools, to enable you to continue providing quality cancer care during this crisis. The OPEN Office is working remotely and the office remains “virtually” open during this time of quarantine for member support. If there is something that you need and you do not see it, please contact the office and we will do everything in our power to obtain it for you. We are in this TOGETHER!
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) began distributing the initial $30 billion in COVID-19 relief funding to providers as part of the distribution of the $100 billion included in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to support healthcare-related expenses or lost revenue attributable to coronavirus, including caring for the uninsured. This initial distribution of funds will go to hospitals and providers currently enrolled in Medicare and take effect immediately. These are payments, not loans, and will not need to be repaid. For more information click here.
- Administrator Tools Preparing Your Oncology Clinic for COVID-19 Infections
- Telehealth General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Toolkit
- Workflow Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection
- Patient Questionnaires Clinic Entry Screening Checklist
- Patient Waiting Room Flyer
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) website of Project N95
Healthcare providers in need of PPE can request supplies from Project N95 by filling out the form.
- Respirator Use by Health Care Personnel
- Patient Triage, Placement and Hospital Discharge Billing and Coding
- CMS Guidance on 1135 Waivers
- Interim Coding Guidance
- Essential Health Benefit (EHB) Coverage
- Lab Test Coding Guidance
- Medicare Care Provider Fact Sheet
- Medicaid Care Provider Fact Sheet
- Medicare Telehealth Cheat Sheet
- CDC resource directory
- Guidance for Healthcare Professionals
- HIPAA Guidance
The telehealth guidelines for Medicare Advantage are not as restrictive as traditional Medicare (prior to the waivers released by CMS the week of 03/16/20). Refer to your Medicare Advantage and commercial plans portal for the most current information on telehealth and prior authorizations.