What is OPEN?
Since national and personal disasters will always occur, the Medical Oncology Association of Southern California (MOASC) proactively has developed the operational components of the Oncology Patient Emergency Network (OPEN). We are enlisting the participation of physicians, and industry partners, the insurance and pharmaceutical companies, in this unique system.
Resources in case of emergency
MOASC’s proactive approach to emergency preparedness will assist patients by ensuring continuity of timely, life-saving treatment, as well as:
Access to alternative physicians -- Medications available to alternative physician’s office -- Less stress dealing with insurance companies -- Individualized wallet-sized card with critical diagnostic and treatment information.
- Establish a dedicated Oncology Patient Emergency Network of physicians;
- Strengthen existing relationships with physician providers, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companies to facilitate delivery of care and medicine to displaced patients;
- Coordinate efforts with relief providers (FEMA, Red Cross, etc.);
- Develop informational materials for participants and make available electronic copies of medical records which will survive disasters;
- Create and distribute a “wallet card” containing critical diagnostic and treatment information which patients will keep in their possession.
OPEN Program Registration
Please fill out the form below to receive your OPEN card.